Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Post #1

Hola,

I am super excited to be going to Quito, Ecuador in a few short days! The teacher I will be working with teaches Spanish to second grade students. I feel like this is a very unique opportunity to learn how the language is taught to native speakers of Spanish. I am hoping to learn techniques for teaching grammar in an understandable way. From what little I know of Latin American culture in general, I feel like the school environment will be fairly laid back, that the students will none-the-less be enthusiastic and well behaved, and will soak up learning. At least, this is what I have experienced in schools I visited in Argentina. Reasonably, the culture in Quito will be very different. From talking with my cooperating teacher, it seems that I will have a good experience. She seems to be really caring and invested in her students, with an emphasis on their learning, and learning well. She also seems, from the little we have communicated, that she will be a very good mentor. I am excited to see what I will learn fro her, and what I will learn from her students as I help with the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment